Saturday, June 20, 2009

I don't need to be that bright shining star


or the brightest coloured gummy bear in the crowd :P


Sometimes we try to look for things that make us special, because we're feeling down and need some confidence boosting.

Just when you think you've got one, you realise many people around you can do the same things too, or think the same way as you do.

Just when you think you've thought of something deep and special and want to share it with others, you realise many others have gotten there before you, and there's actually nothing much left in the world for you to discover.




So you sit back and conclude that its alright by just making yourself happy and not care about being as good as others, life goes on and as long as you're breathing, its fine.

Recently, I've begun to feel that marriage and birth are really beautiful things. I can't wait for the moment to hear my child's first word, even though it'll be 15 years later or even more.

I can't wait for the moment of immense joy where I meet my child for the first time ever, to see him/her crying and healthy.




Seriously, as long as you're healthy and not deformed in any way, its miraculous enough. Even if you are, you will definitely be more blessed in many other aspects.

So what if we're not as pretty, smart, or as perfect as other people?

We live our own lives, and how great it is depends on nobody else but YOU.



It all sounds so cliched, but this thought felt special to me today, because I've finally really understood this.

& all of us will eventually find an answer to everything, someday.

No comments: